1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Runner or Ancona?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by rellikmalinois, Sep 25, 2013.

1. rellikmalinois

rellikmalinois Out Of The Brooder

Jun 18, 2013
    New Hampshire
    I purchased this pair as runners but someone mentioned they thought they were instead Aconas

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. rellikmalinois

rellikmalinois Out Of The Brooder

Jun 18, 2013
    New Hampshire
    Oops the pair are the black and whites but I suppose I want opinions on the group as well now
    [​IMG]

3. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Are they the ones in the other 2 pics too, if so they are runners and very pretty too. you might enjoy this thread.. https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/609642/runner-duck-club

Last edited: Sep 25, 2013
  4. learycow

learycow Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2011
    Southern Maine
    The top picture looks like a penciled runner :)

As for the 2 black and white ducks, it looks like you have mixes.
    They look like they have the upright stance of a runner as well as the way the bill is attached to the head indicates runner genetics.
    Anconas have a more horizontal stance though they can seem "runnerish" as they are a breed that was derived from runners.
    But there is no runner color that is recognized as ancona markings. Which is what makes me think they are a runner/ancona cross. Color looks more ancona-like. Body and stance looks more runner-like

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by