Runner puberty question...

JJchiknshak

Songster
11 Years
Mar 19, 2010
wellsburg, Wv.
My 2 newest Runners Ella & Archie are now... oh I have to count... About 15 weeks old.
Ella has started flirting with me already... About 2 weeks ago I think. Running towards me head bobbing, quacking up a storm.

But my question is, when is Archie going to figure out what his job is??? He's my first drake. This is only my 2nd year with ducks. I started with 2 girls.

Also anyone have any idea what color ducklings I might get from a chocolate drake crossed with either a fawn & white, or a black?
Just curious. And I've already seen that duck color calculator thing... I don't really get it. lol

THANKS!

I have a WH drake about that age. So far he knows he is supposed to climb on the girl's backs, but once he does he looks all confused and then just wanders off
gig.gif

I have all girls. Still, each is developing at her own pace. Of the eleven, one has been laying since 6-17, and six have yet to begin. They are all the same age (19 weeks if I recall correctly). So it doesn't seem odd that your drake hasn't gotten into the swing of things yet.

Storey's Guide tells me that a brown drake (if it has two brown dilution or buff dilution genes) and a black duck whose genes are both black will produce black and brown ducklings, sex-linked. Black males and brown females.

Since I doubt you have a genetic decoder, looks like we will have to wait and see exactly how it turns out.

Back
Top Bottom