Runners keep bugging the drake for mating. Eggs soon?

Moochie

Songster
9 Years
Nov 8, 2010
North Edwards
It's funny to see the runners follow the drake around the yard bobbing their heads up and down. And cute to see them do their little courtship dance in the kiddie pool. Does this mean I will get eggs from my runners soon? I only have 4 runner hens and the rest are seasonal layers. I have two drakes, both fully grown but the rouen drake is the one getting all the attention while the crested drake doesn't seem to care much. I thought they get agressive over the hens?
Where exactly would runners be laying their eggs? I know they don't exactly use nest boxes so I'm wondering where to look.. Oh and I don't know how old the runners are..
hmm.png

When two drakes grow up together, they dont usually fight. And when I had my crested drake, I never saw him breed, I heard that cresteds are usually late breeders, but I could be wrong. Yes,.your runners probably will start laying in the next month, or not till spring. My duck have stoped for the year. So it is posible that your runners may not lay till spring. Hope I helped!

Back
Top Bottom