1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Running chick

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by 4Him, Aug 25, 2011.

1. 4Him

4Him In the Brooder

Aug 25, 2011
    San Juan Islands, WA
    I just received 30 chicks, all 1-3 days old. I only have one question....one of my chicks, I think he/she is a Wyandotte, is running around in circles. He runs the entire rim of the brooder box, running over the sleeping chicks. I call him Forest (as in "run, Forest run!). Do you think he's getting a sugar high from the added sugar to the water? Or is there an explanation? Sure could use some advice. Thank you

2. nurse_turtle

nurse_turtle Songster

May 28, 2011
    Foothills of NC
    [​IMG] @ sugar high. Who knows? Maybe he's a natural spaz. It sounds like normal chick behavior to me.

3. Yay Chicks!

Yay Chicks! Songster

Apr 15, 2010
    Forest Grove, OR
    [​IMG]

And that is seriously funny!

4. 4Him

4Him In the Brooder

Aug 25, 2011
    San Juan Islands, WA
    Thank you for the post. I don't know what 'normal' chick behavior is......I'm very new at this!

5. tclegg

tclegg Chirping

May 15, 2011
    Parkersburg
    Could be alittle high from the sugar and be getting excess running out from being "cooped" up from trip don't worry

6. ChickasaurusRex

ChickasaurusRex Songster

Aug 10, 2011
    SF Bay
    [​IMG] [​IMG] ..... too funny

7. larsonll

larsonll Chirping

Aug 13, 2011
    West Georgia
    I'm assuming this chick has nothing in his/her mouth. Anytime one of my chicks finds something he/she thinks is special, he/she tears around the brooder emitting a very distinct peep, i.e. "look what I have, look what I have!"

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by