Running white poop

Shorty22366

Songster
Jan 1, 2018
Hobgood, North Carolina
Went out this morning to feed and water chickens and saw 3 different spots when chicken poop was white and almost completely liquid. Can someone please tell me what do I need to check for. I checked for worms and worm eggs none found. We have had alot of wet weather lately so their run is wet and muddy.

Have you noticed any chicken behaving in a lethargic manner? Look for one that's standing off to the sidelines with her tail held low and flat. A sick chicken won't want to eat, and will be non-vocal.

If no one is acting sick, just keep an eye on the flock for a chicken that's a bit "off". If all the flock are normal and going about their chicken business, the poop may just reflect higher than normal water consumption or food high in moisture content.

Have you noticed any chicken behaving in a lethargic manner? Look for one that's standing off to the sidelines with her tail held low and flat. A sick chicken won't want to eat, and will be non-vocal.

If no one is acting sick, just keep an eye on the flock for a chicken that's a bit "off". If all the flock are normal and going about their chicken business, the poop may just reflect higher than normal water consumption or food high in moisture content.
Everyone seems ok. They like to sit in my lap and run to me to see whi can get in my lap first. No change there. If One does seem off wht should I do for her.

If a hen seems "off", you will need to watch to see if she eats. Feel her crop to see if she has anything in it. And watch her poop for changes. Also, check everyone's crop in the morning before they have access to food and water. If any chicken has a full crop come morning, that chicken can be assumed to have a crop disorder that will need to be treated.

Meanwhile, try to think of anything a chicken may have encountered that could make her sick, such as rotting compost, stagnant water puddles, toxic substances such as moldy feed or moldy compost or mouse poison or soil under leaking machinery. Those things will provide clues as to how you will need to treat.

If a hen seems "off", you will need to watch to see if she eats. Feel her crop to see if she has anything in it. And watch her poop for changes. Also, check everyone's crop in the morning before they have access to food and water. If any chicken has a full crop come morning, that chicken can be assumed to have a crop disorder that will need to be treated.

Meanwhile, try to think of anything a chicken may have encountered that could make her sick, such as rotting compost, stagnant water puddles, toxic substances such as moldy feed or moldy compost or mouse poison or soil under leaking machinery. Those things will provide clues as to how you will need to treat.
Ok. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom