Runny excretion no white from 4month chicken

SNew

In the Brooder
Mar 5, 2020
I’m worried that one of my chickens is sick. I switched from organic chick feed to medicated pellets gradually, and have added laying pellets 3:1 for every day with a Tbsp of black sunflower seeds and pumpkin today for my 20 weekers .
They also get some cantaloupe and seeds, watermelon, celery, bread crumbs all with grit. Should I take my Americana to the vet?

I’m worried that one of my chickens is sick. I switched from organic chick feed to medicated pellets gradually, and have added laying pellets 3:1 for every day with a Tbsp of black sunflower seeds and pumpkin today for my 20 weekers .
They also get some cantaloupe and seeds, watermelon, celery, bread crumbs all with grit. Should I take my Americana to the vet?
Can you post some photos please? Poop, chicken, medicated pellet bag including ingredient list.
Where are you located in the world?

Runny poop is the only symptom? Is she eating/drinking normally? Crop is empty in the morning?

I’ll take pictures tomorrow and check her crop, thanks. In Portland, OR surrounded by forest.

I would cut out all this for a week and see if her poops get better.

Curious why you are giving medicated feed at 20 weeks?
Medicated because she’s had runny poop for weeks now, so I thought I’d try medicated. Are you suggesting I don’t feed her?

Medicated because she’s had runny poop for weeks now, so I thought I’d try medicated. Are you suggesting I don’t feed her?
What's the medication?
I'm suggesting that cut out the foods I quoted and feed her only layer feed for a couple weeks. Melon can make for juicy poops...the celery and bread offer little to nothing in nutrition. All of it dilutes the usually minimal nutrition in the layer feed.

I’ll take pictures tomorrow and check her crop, thanks. In Portland, OR surrounded by forest.
Did you ever get some photos?^^^^^
Can you post some photos please? Poop, chicken, medicated pellet bag including ingredient list.
Runny poop is the only symptom? Is she eating/drinking normally? Crop is empty in the morning?

Medicated chick pellet food. The crops are all soft.
today all chicken crops are soft; haven’t found the runny poop but later I’ll let them roam and follow her around for a picture. Only symptom is diarrhea. Fed her only Purina’s organic layer Pellets today, but misc. other rinds/food in run. I’ll try to scrape the run clean today replacing with new grass and sand - see if that helps. Thanks!

Chickens are not feasting on the layer pellets alone; no runny poop seen today; cleans out entire pen; put sand in plant container and Beside it for bathing, adding a bit of diatomaceous earth; washed out water container; threw a few black sunflower seeds in the run. Still looking for runny stuff...get picture when I can. Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
Chickens are not feasting on the layer pellets alone; no runny poop seen today; cleans out entire pen; put sand in plant container and Beside it for bathing, adding a bit of diatomaceous earth; washed out water container; threw a few black sunflower seeds in the run.

Back
Top Bottom