Runny nose?

babybop11

In the Brooder
Jun 3, 2023
Can chickens get a runny nose with the changing weather like we do? it just started getting cold and I noticed one of my chickens shaking her head and wiping her beak, came to notice she has a small amount of clear discharge from her nostrils- i honestly thought it was a bit of water on her beak until I noticed her continuing to shake her head and wipe her beak. should i be concerned? she is behaving normally otherwise.

Sometimes they will shake their head and wipe the beak after eating or drinking, if they've gotten food or water in them. They don't get colds like we do, but they do get respiratory virus's. I would do some observing. See if it's all the time, or just after eating or drinking. Watch for any other signs of respiratory issues, wheezing, coughing, sneezing, facial swelling. Look inside the beak and throat for any plaques or lesions.

My chicken has recently been sick. I just noticed some yellowish discharge coming out of her beak. She is also wheezing and making jerking movements with her neck. Is this a respiratory infection??

My chicken has recently been sick. I just noticed some yellowish discharge coming out of her beak. She is also wheezing and making jerking movements with her neck. Is this a respiratory infection??
Please start your own thread with a complete list of:
Feed, brand and type
Symptoms
Any new birds

Back
Top Bottom