Runny poop

BirdBrain22

Chirping
May 30, 2022
Michigan
Is This normal? My chicks have been having runny stools. Not every poop is runny but it seems to be a daily occurrence. I have been giving them Corvid to be on the safe side and poultry cell. They are 13 week old.

Attachments

• 49D9B499-1C54-425A-A65E-1DFA08E9AE62.jpeg
    49D9B499-1C54-425A-A65E-1DFA08E9AE62.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 30
That appears to be coccidia, but many things could cause runny pooh. How much of the Corvid are you giving them? What are you feeding them? I had a bout with coccidia about a month ago and lost 16 of my chickens. :( I was a little late realizing what it was because we had a lot of rain during that time. I actually overdosed them with the Corvid, but it stopped the diarrhea almost immediately. I kept it in their water for at least 5 days. Good luck with getting it under control, whatever it is.

Is This normal? My chicks have been having runny stools. Not every poop is runny but it seems to be a daily occurrence. I have been giving them Corvid to be on the safe side and poultry cell. They are 13 week old.
Welcome To BYC

How do the chicks act? Are they active, eating/drinking and normal?
What's your weather like?

Runny stools can be from drinking a lot of water due to hot weather.

The poop you have in the photo looks like loose cecal poop of a relatively normal color.
Cecal poops occur at a rate of about once out of every 8-10 "normal" poops.

IF you feel you must treat with Corid or your chicks are showing symptoms of being unwell - not eating/drinking/lethargic/puffed up/unkempt, etc. etc. then treat with the Corid.
Eliminate the Poultry Cell. No extra vitamins during the course of treatment with Corid.
Liquid Corid dose is 2tsp or Powdered Corid Dose is 1 1/2tsp per gallon of water given as the only source of drinking water for 5-7 days.

That appears to be coccidia, but many things could cause runny pooh. How much of the Corvid are you giving them? What are you feeding them? I had a bout with coccidia about a month ago and lost 16 of my chickens. :( I was a little late realizing what it was because we had a lot of rain during that time. I actually overdosed them with the Corvid, but it stopped the diarrhea almost immediately. I kept it in their water for at least 5 days. Good luck with getting it under control, whatever it is.
I’ve been doing a teaspoon per gallon of water every day for about 2 weeks. Could it be something different everyone runs around and seems fine ir
Welcome To BYC

How do the chicks act? Are they active, eating/drinking and normal?
What's your weather like?

Runny stools can be from drinking a lot of water due to hot weather.

The poop you have in the photo looks like loose cecal poop of a relatively normal color.
Cecal poops occur at a rate of about once out of every 8-10 "normal" poops.

IF you feel you must treat with Corid or your chicks are showing symptoms of being unwell - not eating/drinking/lethargic/puffed up/unkempt, etc. etc. then treat with the Corid.
Eliminate the Poultry Cell. No extra vitamins during the course of treatment with Corid.
Liquid Corid dose is 2tsp or Powdered Corid Dose is 1 1/2tsp per gallon of water given as the only source of drinking water for 5-7 days.
thanks for the info. The weather has been hot here. I have been giving them 1 teaspoon of powered Corvid per gallon of water. Their are a lot of normal poops to do maybe they are having runny decal poop from the weather. They run around and act normal. I will cut the Corvid out today and keep an eye on thier behavior. Thanks for your help!

Back
Top Bottom