runt chick

priszilla

Songster
12 Years
Jan 12, 2008
easley sc
I have a little runt silkie chick- it was not growing well with its mom and siblings so as they got bigger I moved it over with a mom with younger babies.Well now that mom is ready to leave her babies (they are about 7 weeks old and she is beginning to lay again).THe runt is half the size of its foster siblings.It (needs needs a name) is at least 11 weeks old and looks like a 3 week old. I am thinking of bringing it inside with some babies I have. I have no clue why it is so small. It hasn't been sick, there are only 5 others with it now.It doesn't appear bullied. Anyone else experience this? have any advice? I have 2 feeders in there already.

I went through the same thing with a NHR. She was about the size of a 3 week old when she was 10 weeks old. Then she started growing fast! Good luck. I would suggest getting some terramicin and putting it in the water. It helped me.

Maybe feeding it separately might help? My cat is the size of an older kitten but is four years old because she refused to eat kitten food. Wrong species, but same concept, maybe?
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom