Runt hen puking

ldrchickens

Songster
Jul 1, 2018
Oklahoma
My Coop
My Coop
Hey guys im back and need your help. So far yall have been awesome so hers another. I have this hen, a five month old lavender orpington who is less than half the size of my lavender orp rooster. I know shes suppose to be smaller but she is WAY smaller. Anyways ive noticed the past few weeks she has been throwing up when i pick her up. It seemed like water and was told she probably just got a drank and you scared it out of her. Today she threw up and it was almost like slimey snot. She has no discharge but i did notice her eyes are a lottle droopy and seem shiney. Anybody experience this and can give me some advise on what is going on and how to treat. Because other then this she is active, eating, drinking, and seemengly healthy. Thanks!

orph hens are smaller then the roos by about half depending on the line she comes from. You didnt "scare it "out of her but rather when you pick them up after drinking you are possible pressing on a full crop. Does she have access to grit and is she eating it ?

orph hens are smaller then the roos by about half depending on the line she comes from. You didnt "scare it "out of her but rather when you pick them up after drinking you are possible pressing on a full crop. Does she have access to grit and is she eating it ?
Her coop floor is gravel and sand so i believe she would be getting plenty. Ive never actually seen her eat it but ive seen her eat grit off the gravel so id imagine so.

On the size difference i dont think this line is like that. The breeder i got her from all of his birds are similair size. The hens are smaller then the roos just not half the size of the roos

Back
Top Bottom