Rural King, sometimes I hate you

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by RAWR, Mar 6, 2011.

1. RAWR

RAWR Songster

May 26, 2009
    who wants to know?
    So I went to Rural King this morning to pick up some chicken feed and i had no idea they had the chicks out yet! O-M-G there were some CUTIES!!!! There was a Black Australorp that was so fluffy, all you could see was just a little beak! I almost broke down and bought up some Bantams and more BA chicks [​IMG] but I remembered my "Chicken Anonymous" meetings and I didn't [​IMG] Oh so cute!! [​IMG]

2. terrilhb

terrilhb Songster

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    I would have. [​IMG]

3. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    We went yesterday all they had were RIR chicks. They were spose to get more yesterday but they never had them delivered cause they didnt get on the truck and they all died...

4. N&MSchroeder

N&MSchroeder Songster

Feb 4, 2011
    SE Idaho
    Seriously, this is ridiculous! I picked up 5 last Tuesday at my local feed store chain and received an order of 6 last Wednesday from the post office. I have an assortment of 11 beautiful, healthy chicks in my brooder and have spent countless hours admiring their antics. Yet, still I am wondering if my feed store will get in new chicks next Tuesday. Will they have different varieties? What if there are some left from this week that no one took home? (How sad is worrying about homeless chicks?) I have all standards, do I want to try raising a banty? Is it ever enough? [​IMG] Where are these chicken anonymous meetings?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: