Russian Orloffs vs Gold Spangled Hamburgs

Yep, still here and I still have my two Orloff girls. They have become favorites due to their quirky personalities and behavior...they are some of the most tame chickens in our flock and are always at the front of the pack for treats. Also, my hubby loves them because they make this funny honking noise all the time which makes him laugh.

No idea how well they lay, since I have so many hens I have no idea who lays which eggs, but they are so sweet and entertaining that they definitely earn their keep.

The new place is great, it's nice to have plenty of room...the only stress is that you have to start all over as far as building gardens and flower beds and then there is all of the money and time needed to put up new fences and outbuildings....ugh, it will take years to get everything just how we want it!

Still, I can't argue that having 5 acres to roam makes my chickens, ducks, geese, dogs, cats, turkey, and goats happy!
tongue.png

I love Orloffs
smile.png
I have 3 now- roo and two young hens. I just ordered eggs so hope to have new blood in my small flock and raise them. Mine have lots of white. I'll try to get some pix.

Tammie

Still youngsters:

orl5wks0709.JPG

orloffchks052409days.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
Great to hear! And of course all the time and investment is worth it!! 5 acres sounds like a mighty nice piece of the pie!
Thanks for the update on your girls, they sound like real characters!

Back
Top Bottom