Russian Orloffs

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Mrs. Fluffy Puffy, Feb 16, 2010.

1. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    I haven't seen any thread with Orloffs, so I decided to start one! Post pics talk about them! etc ....

2. rnau

rnau Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 4, 2008
    Piedmont Al
    I put 12 Mahogany Orloff eggs in the bator Saturday. They are very beautiful birds. I will post pics when they hatch.

Roy

3. Long Horn Poultry Farm

Long Horn Poultry Farm La Fleche ~The Devil Bird

Jan 25, 2010
    Lawrenceburg, TN
    My brother has some he got from Ideal Poultry last year. Next time I am over there I will take some pictures and post them.

Long Horn Poultry Farm

4. shelleyb1969

shelleyb1969 Star Bright Farm

Here's pics of my 7 month old Spangled roosters. I just adore this breed. [​IMG] My girls just started laying last week, so in a few more weeks I'm going to set my first eggs. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 16, 2010
  5. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Aw! Love your birds Shellyb1969! They are so cute! Are they friendly? Lay good? Broody?

6. ther00ster'scr0w

ther00ster'scr0w Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    Bay Area CA
    I've been looking for some orloff hens to add to my flock! does anyone know of where to get some in northern California area?

Also what color eggs do they lay?

7. shelleyb1969

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

Aw! Love your birds Shellyb1969! They are so cute! Are they friendly? Lay good? Broody?

Thank you, Mrs. FP! [​IMG] I've been in love with this breed ever since I first got mine as young chicks. I bought them from a breeder, and I just can't rave enough about them. They're very inquisitive birds...not super friendly as in wanting to be touched and held, but not flighty and spastic either. They like to keep their distance and observe. I quite often describe them as mystical and mysterious. My flock is only 7 months old and 1 of the pullets just started laying last week. She lays every other day. As far as broody...I have no idea yet.​

8. usschicago1

usschicago1 Suburban Cochins

Aug 11, 2009
    Taunton, MA
    Quote:Pretty [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. shelleyb1969

ther00ster'scr0w :

Also what color eggs do they lay?

My pullet just started laying, and her eggs are a medium brown color.​

10. shelleyb1969

Here's one of my pullets when she was 4 months old.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by