Russian Orloffs

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by banter, Mar 11, 2008.

1. banter

banter Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2008
    Raymond Maine
    Does anyone out there have Orloffs? I've read allot about them and need some input from owners before I consider getting any.

2. Subirdban Farm

Subirdban Farm Out Of The Brooder

Apr 17, 2007
    Hanover PA
    I do. They are very gentle birds. The my roo's let me carry them around as they continue to crow. The hens are also very nice and I have a few that brood. They are very pretty and lay a nice size egg that is light brown with dark brown freckles. I really enjoy mine. You can see pics of mine on my page.

3. LinckHillPoultry

LinckHillPoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Well... I don't have them YET... but my shipment of chicks comes on the 26th and I think I ordered about 7 or 8 of them.

4. banter

Mar 3, 2008
    Raymond Maine
    Bosley is too cool! Lve your site! Might have to get some Orloffs-Where did you get yours?

5. M.J

M.J Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2007
    Maryland
    I unfortunatly do not have them but my friend does and she and i both love them they are a very nice breed that i and she highly recommend [​IMG]

6. Carole AM

Carole AM Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    Goshen, Indiana
  7. banter

Mar 3, 2008
    Raymond Maine
    I was a Hoosier! Born in the Calumet region. I think I must have Orloffs! Best source? (prefer eggs). I did see Sand Hill had them. I love their expression! My mom was Russian. I think I'm fated to own a couple!

8. Carole AM

Carole AM Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    Goshen, Indiana
    Of course you are! LOL We live in an area that used to be called "Little Russia", because of the immigrants that came here. And I want to promote the breed! Not enough people have them!

As far as eggs, I know poultrybid.com has some, but I never tried them.

Good luck!

9. banter

Mar 3, 2008
    Raymond Maine
    I actually got 6 eggs on eggbid last Spring. It was a stupid thing to do because I was moving.
    Waited too long to put them in the incubator and none of them hatched. I'm all pumped up to try it again.

10. banter

Mar 3, 2008
    Raymond Maine
    LinckHillpoultry-can you post baby Orloff pics when they arrive?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by