Breeding Zombie Chickens?

UrbanHomesteadTX

Songster
Mar 6, 2024
North Texas
Alright, gotta admit, this has been on my mind for a while, since I first discovered the existence of the Ayam Cemani x White Leghorn 'Zombie Chickens'! They're such cool lookin critters, I honestly want to try breeding some if I can, just to see what happens!

My main question is, does it matter which breed is the rooster or hen? I've had a hard time trying to research this information. The few people I've seen with Zombie chicks appear to have Cemani Roos, and I think I saw someone somewhere was having trouble getting the dark skin/white feathering with a Cemani hen, but I cant seem to find that post again. Honestly wondering if I simply imagined it 😅
My thing is, I can't have another roo. I'm kinda pushing it with even having one, so I've thought about getting a Cemani hen to breed with my Leghorn roo. Was just curious if anyone has any input or experience on this matter, because I think it would be a fun little project! I'm simply curious about any advice/input someone might have on this. What do yall say?

Also dropping a chick pic, just because I can 😁
20240313_121627.jpg

The folks I bought some pullets from earlier this week showed me their Ayam Cemani chicken and talked about trying to breed a Zombie Chicken.
I am about 90% sure that the Ayam Cemani was a rooster.
They showed me their entire place and unfortunately I don't remember for certain if it was a rooster. There was so much other interesting things to see.
However, like ChickenMama said, you can have fun experimenting. Someone did to create the first Zombie.

Back
Top Bottom