Rusty-watery poop, how can I correct?

rubyann

Hatching
10 Years
Jan 3, 2010
I have 7 bantams and had noticed the loose poop from one bird but now it's happening in about 3 birds. If anyone can share some information on what may be causing this, it will greatly appreciated.
Thanks

It could be any number of causes. You'll have to give more information like how old they are, what are you feeding, and any other signs.

For example, molasses will make them do this, but so will some illness. As you can see those are very different causes. saladin

The kids are 15 weeks. Two roos and 5 hens. I currently feed them Dumor 15% crumbles and provide medium cherrystone grit.
They are the only pets and have a 35 square foot coop inside the garage, currently without outside access. I provide fresh water and a clean deep litter coop. The drop pans are cleaned frequently and I also use "Stall Dry" in the litter and on the drop pans.

Thanks

ok, I'm at a loss.

I will tell you I believe strongly in sunshine and fresh air as absolutely essential for the health of any chicken. I've asked a couple of friends to chime in. saladin

Well, it is definitely a good idea to watch the droppings closely, as it can help you find problems before they get severe. Sometimes they get runny poo, and it doesn't mean much. Other times it can be a problem. Are they getting paste stuck to their feathers under their vent? What color is the poo? Do you worm regularly? Are they showing any other symptoms? Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom