S.O.P quality questions. (OEGB)

Alright, thanks!
Something to try and breed out, I suppose.
I think it's required for the SOP though. They call it tight, or hard feathered, though an OEGB with that type of feathering would look like the Typical OEGB.
20201207_140249.jpg
20210323_154947.jpg

So, are tight feathers the quality of the feathers/build of the bird, or how tight they are on the bird?

The rooster you pictured above, looks like his feathers are kinda suctioned to the birds body, he also looks like a "thicker" bird, if you will. (For lack of a better word)

Forgive me if I'm over complicating this in a way, I really just want to know what I'm looking for, as I bring birds in and sort through mine.

So, are tight feathers the quality of the feathers/build of the bird, or how tight they are on the bird?

The rooster you pictured above, looks like his feathers are kinda suctioned to the birds body, he also looks like a "thicker" bird, if you will. (For lack of a better word)

Forgive me if I'm over complicating this in a way, I really just want to know what I'm looking for, as I bring birds in and sort through mine.
Tight/hard feathers are against the body, with less fluff. He's got decent breast muscle formation, explains the thickness.
20200806_134439.jpg

Tight/hard feathers are against the body, with less fluff. He's got decent breast muscle formation, explains the thickness. View attachment 3739697
I see. Okay, thanks for clearing that up.

I'll get pictures of my 3 bb red roosters today, would you be willing to tell me what one is the best out of the 3?

Back
Top Bottom