Sad Chicken

Kim95037

Songster
11 Years
May 27, 2012
Morgan Hill California
I'm wondering if a chicken can get depressed if another one is constantly picking on it. I have two EEs. One is a sweetheart one is a total brat. Poor Alexandria always seems down in the dumps. She has her tail pointing down most of the time and doesnt eat much. I've had her to the vet and we couldn't find anything wrong. If I lock Emily up (the brat)she will at least come out and free range when I come home and eat some of the snacks I put out. She just seems happier. Of course then Emily gets all bummed out from being in solitary confinement. I hate it, I wish they could just get along. Emily used to pick on Abbey, my other EE that I lost a little while ago so now it's Alexandria. Emily gets along great with my bantam EE. I wish I could teach Alexandria some Kung Fu. Not sure what to do. I'm so bummed out about this.

I Have a bantam who lost her two banty freinds. She is amongst just standards and is picked on all day. Stays in the coop house and has to be hand fed. She is seriously depressed. Next year she is getting her own Banty house with some new friends. Not supposed to have 2 coops where I live but i also am over the limit. Oh well. Lemon the chicken over city rules

I Have a bantam who lost her two banty freinds. She is amongst just standards and is picked on all day. Stays in the coop house and has to be hand fed. She is seriously depressed. Next year she is getting her own Banty house with some new friends. Not supposed to have 2 coops where I live but i also am over the limit. Oh well. Lemon the chicken over city rules
Sorry about your two bantams! I had 7 chickens down to 3 now. Lost 4 since last November. Just had to put my silkie down, she was 8. Yeah I'm not sure what to do. Sometimes I wonder if I should just find a new home for a Emily.

Back
Top Bottom