Sad day at our house....

chickengirlnm

Songster
12 Years
Sep 4, 2007
clovis, new mexico
I feel numb and sick inside like all I want to do is throw up and cry......
Other than my love for my chickens I love my dogs and boxers are my weakness I love them I share my couch with three.
Well I have some friends who also have boxers but they breed thiers for money and thats about it-something I think is just cruel and heartless..she had 3 moms give birth within 4 days of each other totaling 14 pups ( which made her happy since she wants to sell them to get new carpet in livingroom).Well as the moms weaned the pups all the pups went into one room which is closed off so pups got no attention, well one little female was getting overlooked by everyone and was not able to get any food with 13 others being bigger than her,well as the pups started to get sold my friend finally noticed something wrong with the little female called me to see if I could do something for her- I cant say no to a puppy so I went to get her, she was 8 weeks but only the size of a 2 week old nothing but skin and bones unable to walk and was having a hard time holding up her tiny little head.
I took her home cleaned all the fleas and ticks off her and started feeding her gerber baby rice cereal and puppy milk and pedelite, which seemed to be working because on day 3 she was able to stand and walk for about 2 minutes without falling I thought we were on the road to getting better,called vet to set up appointment for her, named her Mime ( Mini Me). Sunday she took a turn for the worse and was not eating or moving just laying in her little bed I got on the floor with her -looked into her little eyes and knew it was coming to an end so I held her kissed her tiny head told her she was a good girl and if she had to leave it was going to be alright, I felt her little body go limp and knew she had left, my hubby took her out found a nice shady spot and buried her I went into the chicken run sat and cried, chickens had no idea why the " treat lady " was there without food but my girl peaches came over stood there for the longest time just watching me like she knew something was wrong.
That little puppy did not have to go through all that if people would not breed thier dogs just for the money and if someone was payng attention she would not have been starving to death, it just makes me sick to think people just dont care, " thier only animals " no they are not they have feeling like we do... sorry had to vent alittle.
Thanks for letting me get this off my chest I have been lost with having Mime to care for she was here only a week but we miss her terriblely.

Julie

hit.gif
People can be so mean :thun

I am so sorry. It was good that you showed that little girl some loving kindness before she passed on.
Now, I would decide just who I would define as a friend. These are cold and cruel people and should have the authorities called on them.

hit.gif
I am an animal lover and trust me if I was over where you are I would be at those people's house giving them the old one two.:thun That makes me so mad!!:mad:

thats really sad and made me well up
hit.gif

people are so cruel and i wish less people kept animals to make money out of them
sad.png

glad you were able to make that little puppies last few days happy ones

H x

believe me I use the word friend very loosely ( the cruel hubby happens to my hubbys boss) I have called a few people about the whole puppy breeding thing at thier house and 4 of their dogs were removed and placed with 2 other familys but that still leaves 6 other adult boxers to be watched - since all the pups are gone and the rest look in " good condiontion " right now they are staying there but when she breeds again I will call again and see if the rest can be removed.

You have a big heart, and I'm sorry you have this situation. I do not support people who "breed" for money either. They should breed for health and conformation. I'm sorry about the baby.

By the way, I lived in Albuquerque for 10 years and visited Clovis many times when I was in the Air Force....it's a beautiful place.

Good luck with this situation!

Awwww I'm so sorry about that little girl. Atleast she had the chance to meet you before she went to doggie heaven. I could ring peoples necks who have puppy factories set up. :mad:

Oh hunny, I am so sorry!! Like the others said at least she was able to recieve some love from someone who really cared before she passed on.

We too raise boxers, we have 3. Even though we were breeding we still payed attention to them, play with them, take care of them and in return they take care of us and the chickens. Momma boxer has been retired so no more puppies for us.

I just can't stand people like that! I know she is a friend but did you think of turning her in? I don't mean to sound so rude or mean but until someone says something or takes action, she will continue to do it! And that is just not fair to the puppies or even the older ones. I would even say something to them. You just can not treat Animals that way!!!

I will admit we also sold ours, but we also took very good care of all of them!!! Our customers were so happy to have our puppies because they were very well taken care of and we are still getting calls asking us if we have any for sell... they got our number from word of mouth! We even have one puppy that belongs to the US ARMY and has been trained as a K-9. We get updates on her all the time and makes us feel good that she is very well taken care of. She even comes to visit ocassionally when they come home for a visit.

I guess I just wanted you all to know that some of us breeders are not all that bad. But for the ones that are... they need to be HUNG!!!!!!!

I'm sorry.
I would have taken the poor little lifeless body back to the friends house, and when they opened the door I would hand it to them, not say a word, get in my car and leave. :thun

People like that should be hung, drawn & quartered in pubilc, and the remains fed to dogs.

Back
Top Bottom