Sad Day - Chickens have been sold...

Quote:
Drat. Why does a new neighbor trump your right to have chickens? Against ordinance? I can't imagine why on earth they were bothered by a few chickens (yet probably would not notice a relentlessly barking dog, or may even have one!)
idunno.gif
It's sad, because if your hens have bonded with you, it will be hard on them too. I'm sorry to hear this sad story.
JJ

Yes, is there something that says you can't keep them? Cranky neighbors can be delt with in other ways. We had one that thought he could keep everyone off his land but, it was okay to run four wheelers down our hay field to build a deer stand right off the field. We fixed them! A few days before deer hunting started we pumped the manure pit starting at the fence line that their stand sat on! No deer came across our land to them! Don't let cranky neighbors win!

so sorry to hear youve had to sell your chickens due to a crabby neighbor.looks like with 3acs you could do what you wanted to.an that includes having chickens.

A little off topic here, but I once had an obnoxious neighbor- you know the helpless type that wanted you to give him everything or do everything for him- he wandered over to look at my dog's puppies without me knowing just as I went to the door (in my underwear- I can do that- it's in my own house) to call my dog. He decided to come talk to me even though I was obviously trying to hide behind the door! I kept hiding and he kept talking so I finally just opened the door and talked to the idiot. He didn't ever do that again.

Thanks to everyone for the kind thoughts. They're off to their new home. It is really my own fault this happened. There are covenants against keeping poultry. For the last three years we have been fine. The neighbors would chat with me about the birds and even keep an eye out for stray dogs and such. However, someone new moved in and notified the homeowners association so the birds had to go. Can only really blame myself - we never should have moved here in the first place.

It seems a little silly to be so upset about a few hens when there is so much serious trouble in the world today - but we will sorely miss them.

Back
Top Bottom