Sad day for 'Peep'

feldon

In the Brooder
12 Years
Jun 16, 2007
Everson WA
sad.png
I am so sad to tell you that my little 'Peep' came to a sad end. Today I let 'Peep' who was a 3 week old Welsummer, go out with his mama free ranging with the rest of the flock. I watched them carefully for most of the day to make sure he/she was accepted & everything was fine. In the late afternoon I was in the kitchen & heard an almighty squaking & screeching from down below. I looked out & the neighbors cat had got him. I am sooo upset, & feel so guilty that I had let them venture out. Mama is beside herself & on top of that she is being totally outcast as she tries to rejoin the general population. What a sad sad ending from what had been a happy positive day
sad.png

Felicity

:aww I am so sorry......... don't be to hard on yourself....I have waiting until mine were much older and still had things come out of nowhere and nab them.......... it happens...........sad,but it does..........

I'm sooo sorry! Gosh, I was wondering how long I'm to wait before letting mine back into the general population? I don't believe I'll have a problem with outside predators cause of my dogs, but was wondering about the general population accepting them. I'm worried about the safety of my chicks too.

again, sorry about Peep!

Thank you all. I know that it's all in natures big picture, but it still hurts. Now poor mama is going through it because she's now back with general population & is finding herself low man on the totem pole.
Felicity

Back
Top Bottom