Sad Day Lost a Silkie

mamablair

Songster
Jul 27, 2019
Colorado
Last night my dogs were going crazy barking, but I couldn't see any reason why. Until I went to feed my silkies this morning, 0nly to discover the coop door was wide open and my little paint cockerel was gone. It's been a hard few weeks here, lost a duck to my husband's dog, ordered baby chicks and lost one of them and now my silkie. I know these things happen but to lose 3 within a month is hard. I love all my babies, human, furry and feathered.

Last night my dogs were going crazy barking, but I couldn't see any reason why. Until I went to feed my silkies this morning, 0nly to discover the coop door was wide open and my little paint cockerel was gone. It's been a hard few weeks here, lost a duck to my husband's dog, ordered baby chicks and lost one of them and now my silkie. I know these things happen but to lose 3 within a month is hard. I love all my babies, human, furry and feathered.

Awww, I am sooo so sorry to hear this. I doubt this will make you feel any better, but this summer I lost atleast 25 or so chickens, I had like 70, and then they just started dropping like flies, I found out that it was me not cleaning their coop often enough, and with that, i found out that their deaths were on me, so atleast there was nothing you could do about these three! :hugs

Awww, I am sooo so sorry to hear this. I doubt this will make you feel any better, but this summer I lost atleast 25 or so chickens, I had like 70, and then they just started dropping like flies, I found out that it was me not cleaning their coop often enough, and with that, i found out that their deaths were on me, so atleast there was nothing you could do about these three! :hugs
Sorry for your losses.

Back
Top Bottom