1. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    first i have to [​IMG] because i am finally done with nursing my 2 year old daughter. It was a very hard thing to do.
    I feel so sad, like shes such a big girl now! I just wanted to share my sadness tonight.

2. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

I remember that feeling.

It gets better, I promise!

3. Mesa

Mesa Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2008
    New Mexico
    I can totally relate. I weaned my dd a couple months back she was a few months past her 2nd birthday. She's also our last baby... [​IMG] (I have 4)

4. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    I didnt nurse our first child (he's 4 now) but i think me and my husband are calling it quits (no more kiddies) so perhaps this is even more sad for me.

Its really funny how its stopped. i have tried many times. this worked the best. Id rather not post it on here, what i did, however i would like to let everyone it Worked~!!!

5. rainplace

rainplace Interstellar Duck Academy

awww [​IMG]

Nursing my children is one of those things I always look back on with longing.

6. CityChook

CityChook Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    My Coop
    Annie, I just wanted to send a little hug your way.

I nursed my two oldest daughters for 3 years each. I nursed #1 right up until 1 week before #2 was born. Ditto for #3, although she only nursed for 1 year and then weaned herself. I was sad for it to be over, but also (secretly) a little relieved, too. Those days are years behind me now, but I still get a little tingle when I hold a little baby up close. I do miss it a little bit - the cuddling and the content.

What a gift you have given your daughter. What a gift.

7. bawkbawkbawk

bawkbawkbawk Chillin' With My Peeps

You will always remember this day. And you'l always remember the gift you gave your daughter. And to yourself. [​IMG] I'm always amazed at how many moms (the ones who have the time and the option) who choose to give it up at 6 weeks or 3 months because they don't want to be "tied down". It's one of the great perks of being a mom.

8. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    [​IMG] thank you all so much for your comments, we are doing much better, nights are a bit hard for her. shes saying "mom i just want a lil sip" its hard to hear. thanks again its appriciated!!

always,
    andrea

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by