Sad day!

GrumpyOldMan

Chirping
9 Years
Jun 7, 2010
SE Louisiana
Last nigh our 31 year-ole Hyacinth Macaw passed away. Had him since he was a baby. Pretty sure it was old age as he didn’t seem sick. Yesterday it was warm, 70ish here and he got to go outside in the aviary. First time outside in over a week because of the cold weather. He ate, chewed and had his typical good time in the 10’ W x 8’ D x 8’ H chain-link enclosure. Gonna miss him, he was a sweet bird. Wife is pretty broken up.
sad.png

So Sorry! I lost my old mare last year and it was hideous! I'd had her for 16 years. I'm sure after 30 years it can be life changing.
hugs.gif
I'm glad you have that knowledge that his last day was a good one

I am so sorry for your loss. Are you going to get a necropsy done to try and determine what happened? So sad to lose a beloved friend, especially one who has been around so long.

Quote:
No necropsy. He’s already been laid to rest in our pet cemetery. He rests next to six dogs, two cats and a Blue Front. That’s 40 years worth of pets. We still have four dogs two chickens two ducks and two geese. The oldest dog will probably be the next to go and that is REALLY going to break my wife’s heart, he’s her baby.

Thanks to everyone that has posted their condolences.

Back
Top Bottom