sad loss :(

jfays

Songster
6 Years
Apr 4, 2015
ct
tonight I came home to find one of my beautiful speckled sussex dead. she was attacked and left in the pasture. I have a donkey so I'm certain she chased the preditor away but sadly left a half consumed chicken for me to see. I hatched her myself this spring so that made the loss even harder. I am truly devastated.

I'm posting this here because most people don't understand the heartache and I know you all do. this time of year is hard when you live in a cold area. good luck to everyone this winter and I hope your flocks stay safe <3

tonight I came home to find one of my beautiful speckled sussex dead. she was attacked and left in the pasture. I have a donkey so I'm certain she chased the preditor away but sadly left a half consumed chicken for me to see. I hatched her myself this spring so that made the loss even harder. I am truly devastated.

I'm posting this here because most people don't understand the heartache and I know you all do. this time of year is hard when you live in a cold area. good luck to everyone this winter and I hope your flocks stay safe <3

So sorry about your chicken...Yes we do understand...We've felt the same pain unfortunately...It's such a shock to find your birds hurt or dead. I never felt so helpless in my life when I found mine. *hugs*

So sorry about your chicken...Yes we do understand...We've felt the same pain unfortunately...It's such a shock to find your birds hurt or dead.  I never felt so helpless in my life when I found mine.  *hugs*

so true. that is the exact feeling. I am sorry for your loss as well and thank you for your thoughts

Back
Top Bottom