sad news

M.J

Songster
12 Years
Apr 15, 2007
Maryland
I've been upset my friends dad last week had a massive heart attack and was in a comma for a week and yestarday at 12:00 in the morning since i was in a parade and then watched the fire works didn't get in until late found out that, that morning he passed away. This is very upsetting for I in my mind felt that since he was such a strong man and tough thought he would fight it and come back. He was a hard man in some of his ways but he was a kind man as well. and now he is not going to see his daughter graduate from high school or see her turn 17 in two months or watch her get married or have children. I have to stop now or i'll not be able to stop my self from balling:hit

hugs.gif

I understand how you feel. I've been there when it was my own father, seemingly healthy, played golf, in his early 50's, then gone.........

All you can do is remember the good and give yourself time.....and be there for his family.

hugs.gif

I'm so sorry MJ.

I often wonder how long my husband will be alive. His grandfather died early and his Dad died at 53--both of heart disease. My DH is going to be 48 this fall and 53 is coming... I was talking with him about this last night and he said he thinks about it too. I am so thankful for the time God has given me with my husband and will continue to cherish each day. Thankfully there is better medical care today than there was years ago. I just have to remember that we are not guaranteed our next breath and to trust the Lord for each day.

Blessings on you and your friend!!

He was in his mid 50's as well and was playing raketball wich he did every weekend. he never came out of a comma. I had called my friend last night (though i was afraid i would upset her for i couldn't stop crying) to tell her how sorry i was and that i would be at the veiwing tonight and she asked me if i would come to the funeral as well on thursday wich i will be at.

I'm sorry to hear about your friend's dad. It must be very hard to bury a parent when you are so young. My husband's dad died when Ken was 17 and over 10 years later, he still grieves.
You sound like a very good friend. You did the right thing by calling your friend to say that you were sorry and being there for her. It will really help her get through this tough time.

I know how hard it is to lose a parent a a young age. My dad died when I was 17, he never got to see me graduate, get married, he never got so see most of his grandchildren ( only 4 of my sisters kids were born when he was alive), and now there are so many kids I can't even keep track of(my 5 included). I miss him alot, but I know he is up in Heaven watching out for us, especially my 6 yr old son who had a bone marrow transplant 5 years ago.
You are a really good friend for caring so much!!
hugs.gif

Trish

He who believes...... He'll be at all those milestones. Maybe you won't see him, but he'll be there right beside you.......
hugs.gif

im so sorry for your loss, i think losing your Dad must be one of the hardest things ever, because hes always the strongest person in your life, some one you look up to every day. And as im sure you are aware one of the few men that wont ever let you down......Deepest sympathies

You're being a good friend right now. That is what your friend needs. Remember she'll need you in a few months too. So many people think that it is over with at the funeral but it's not. I'm 33 and lost my mother when I was 7. I still mourn from time to time. The good thing is I now my mother is there with me at important times of my life-my wedding, the birth of my 4 kids, and more!

BirdBrain-I want my husband to be with me until we are old and gray but I always wonder. His grandfather died of heart disease in his 40s. His dad has had 2 major heart attacks already and his mother died a year ago from lung cancer. I do treasure every day that we are together. I just dream of us gray and all wrinkled sitting out on the porch in our rocking chairs!
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom