Sad news!

I'm so sorry.
sad.png
I know how much pressure it feels like to incubate eggs for a hopeful child. I have had two successful duck egg incubations, and now I am hatching bantam chicks, and this is by far the most stressful one because the eggs were found--and fallen in love with--by the little daughter of a good friend--a little girl I am very fond of--and I don't want to "fail" her.

But I think it's already been said quite nicely here. Having an unsuccessful hatch is not failure. Failure would be not learning from the experience and/or giving up. Children are resilient--if you let them grieve, without trying to stop their sadness, they will usually grieve quickly and be ready to move on to new adventures.

Good luck with the rest!
hugs.gif

I would like to say how much I have enjoyed my little journey and although it didn't turn out the way my son and I wanted it to, we definitely learned a lot and would do it again in a heartbeat! Since we did not get any chicks from the eggs, I went ahead and picked up 6 barred rock chicks from a local feed store.. They are 2 or 3 days old and from Ideal.. I will be moving over to the raising baby chicks discussions but wanted to show everyone our new little fuzzy butts!

http://s135.photobucket.com/albums/q139/nc29beachgal/Chickens/Fuzzy Butts/

Goddess
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom