Sad times here..j

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Suzie, Jan 8, 2015.

1. Suzie

Suzie Overrun With Chickens

Jul 9, 2009
    Auvergne
    Today and yesterday have been a very dark time here in France...

As if events have been bad enough here...this evening one of my beloved Silkie's has given up on llfe...her body is laying in front of a wood stove...she came to stay here this afternoon as she was not well...she died some 15 minutes ago and this is so very hard to bear...I wish I knew why...

Sometimes there seems to be no reason...events happen...

RIP my beloved baby...

A difficult time for me

2. TamiHunter

TamiHunter Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 19, 2009
    Saint Helens, Oregon
    I'm so sorry for your loss. [​IMG]

3. NC118

NC118 Out Of The Brooder

May 4, 2014
    Welcome NC
    So sorry. Can only know that you gave her the best life you could while she was with you and remeber the good times together.

4. Suzie

Jul 9, 2009
    Auvergne
    Thank you TamiHunter...

5. JLBS

JLBS Just Hatched

Dec 13, 2014
    I am so so sorry! We lost our hen Misty yesterday too. I bet you had a very happy chicken who felt loved and had a happy life. In the end, that's what matters. God bless, and best wishes for you and your loved ones.

6. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

I'm so sorry about your loss. [​IMG] You're correct though, sometimes there is just no answer as to why. She will always be in your heart with you.

7. Suzie

Jul 9, 2009
    Auvergne
    She had the best of everything..sadly it was not enough..it feels so raw right now..just maybe I could have given her more somehow....

I guess we always question...could we have done more...?

8. Suzie

Jul 9, 2009
    Auvergne
    Thank you for your kind words......it is sometimes not about acceptance but leaning to live with the circumstances.....

We have all been there in one way or another....

Heartfelt thanks for your kindness...

9. Free Feather

Free Feather Chillin' With My Peeps

About an hour ago I walked out to my dog loose...
    And my favorite sweetie, Dovey Love, headless and bloody, the other chickens tearing chunks out of her. The rooster was screaming, her bantam friends were screaming, I was screaming. Now I am crying. She was my favorite, a little Buff Laced Sebright, ten months old. She was always afraid of being alone. Lately she has not wanted me to pick her up because she was afraid of the dog. My broody game x silkie pullet is setting, about a quarter of her eggs are Dovey's. They will not be able to replace her, but I feel a little better. I loved that chicken. I would rather die to save her life.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by