Sad :(

ebwy

Songster
10 Years
Sep 10, 2009
UK
... our chickens are being rehomed.
We're all moving to various locations in the next few months, hopefully. And the chickens can't come with us (fiance and I have no clue where we're going, his brother didn't even seem to realise we had chickens, and fiance's mum & dad won't have enough space for them in their new place) so we've had to find them a new home.

I'm going to miss those girls
sad.png

and I have no excuse to be here without them

awww, thats not true!
after last years fiasco, i gave away all the chickens i had left, including 2 silkies that was soo attached to, i actually bought them from a byc member! anyways, i stayed on and last month, i got a brand new set of chickens.
smile.png

i guess thats why i started the pregnancy thread thing, because since i didnt have chickens anymore, i might as well talk about something at least!
lol.png

Darn! I hope you can figure out a place to stay and keep them....
And your about to have a wee one too... ugh...
So sorry for all added stress you're having..
sad.png
hugs.gif

we still have no clue, at this point if we can get ANYWHERE it's better than nowhere to live...

at least the people who are taking them are all excited, and they have family who keep chickens and ducks so will have loads of advice on hand... So I know they'll be looked after.

I'm just sad that they're going, they're my stress-outlet. I talk to them when I'm upset, they make worried-old-lady noises at me and I feel better

Until we got them, I never realised how much personality chickens have... hopefully some day I'll be able to get my own again.... and an eglu for them to live in (well, I can dream, right?)

It is sad that you had to find them a new home. It sounds like you found them a nice place, though. I'm glad their new owners are so excited to get them. You did a good thing, finding them such nice people to live with. I'm old and I have had times when I had chickens and times when I didn't, over the years. I'm sure you will have chickens again some day, if you want them.

You don't have to leave BYC, though! You can still come visit here. You might want to look at pictures of other people's chickens and coops, thinking about what you'd like to have some day. Maybe you will just want to hang out in the Rambling section. You have a lot of things going on in your life right now. I think it would be good for you to be able to still come here. We don't have a smilie that can make worried-old-lady noises for you, but you could still post here. I can post one of these
D.gif
Maybe you need to watch some chicken cams. Who has links to some current chicken cams?

I hope you find a great place to live.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom