Saddle Patterns-PICS ADDED

Quote:
Well, I have 16 hens and 4 roo's. I didn't plan on keeping so many, but....
Anyway, only ONE hen is really having her back de-feathered. It is not bare. How do you know when it is time to 'saddle' them? she is so submissive - they all breed her dozens of times a day, it seems.
sad.png

I like the easy no-sew patterns. I have a lot of dogs, so have fleece all over the place. It is what I make their beds out of!

The main thing to watch for is that they don't get tore up. If they are getting cuts or open wounds then they need a saddle, ASAP! If you don't have one and can't get it made immediately, separate them or the others will pick at them and even kill them.

I did it!!! I made 14 brown fleece saddles this morning, and my girls look so cute! Thank you for you ideas, they really helped. One thing I did learn was that I needed to make them a little small because the fleece stretched when I put them on the hens.

Sonja

I'll take some pics tomorrow. Basically I cut an oval out of fleece, cut a slit for the tail, and medium sized tear shaped holes for the wings. It's simpler than it seems.

Sonja

Back
Top Bottom