Saddle Sac! How should I lay the egg to increase likelihood of surviving hatch?

JennyPatty84

Chirping
Sep 6, 2016
Help!! I shipped Croad Langshan eggs 2700km and they were all scrambled from shipping except for one. This little guy, that I’ve named Bruce Lee (in hopes it’s good karma for him to “ninja” his way out of the shell) is on day 16. He’s pretty feisty when I candle him, but he does have a saddle sac. If he makes it to lockdown, I don’t want to lose him, my husband and I are rooting for this little underdog! What is the best way to position him for hatch? Here is what has happened up until now:

- I waited 24 hours before setting in incubator.
- he was in a cut-out egg carton with the large end up for 3 days before I put him on his side in the turner and that’s where he’s been since.

Thanks you SO MUCH for your help! ❤️

Many thoughts and opinions on this subject. I would hatch upright in a cut down carton. You have to keep a close eye on where Bruce Lee decides to pip. Others have hatched successfully with these types of eggs on their sides. Good luck! 🥰
If you have not already done so, read Sally Sunshine's hatching thread on shipped eggs.

Many thoughts and opinions on this subject. I would hatch upright in a cut down carton. You have to keep a close eye on where Bruce Lee decides to pip. Others have hatched successfully with these types of eggs on their sides. Good luck! 🥰
If you have not already done so, read Sally Sunshine's hatching thread on shipped eggs.
Thank! you and will go read that now! Keep your fingers crossed for the little guy! ♥️

Back
Top Bottom