Saddles for quail?

I only have chickens lol
hu.gif
the smallest size that is for chickens is the bantie ones. Your bird must be verry small
jumpy.gif
You could still contact an maker of saddles and they probley would make you one. Good luck
fl.gif

Button Quail are the worlds smallest quail.

Here's an example.

100_5562.jpg

I can't imagine having to figure out a saddle for one of these. Hopefully your male will calm down and they will be O.K. together.

I've given up on saddling her lol
My buttons aren't tame at all, so it just stresses them out being handled. The male will just stay incarcerated until she is mostly healed. She is already growing some feathers back
big_smile.png

I'm having this problem with my regular coturnix flock - the male has decided he will mate with my two Pharohs, and those two hens only, and every SINGLE time he sees one (which, even though I have an 8 squ foot enclosure with 7 birds and all kinds of stuff to entertain/hide them in, he sees them often enough to rub them bare) Stupid bird has his choice of 6 hens (one of them is his mother, but I assumed he'd either figure that out...or not.)

I am about to send him to freezer camp, but I'm trying a couple of things. I made a nesting box out of one of those cardboard hot coffee carriers - stupid hens are hiding *next to* it, but it does offer some cover.

My next thought - since we all have masks lying everywhere - why not try a cloth face mask as an apron? They're still way too big, but I tried one on to one of my now very angry hens, and i can see how it could be modified (I tried looping the ends around her wings and then over her head - she did this incredible balletic move and had it off in an instant, though!) It's going to have to be like half the size of a kid-size mask...

I'm having this problem with my regular coturnix flock - the male has decided he will mate with my two Pharohs, and those two hens only, and every SINGLE time he sees one (which, even though I have an 8 squ foot enclosure with 7 birds and all kinds of stuff to entertain/hide them in, he sees them often enough to rub them bare) Stupid bird has his choice of 6 hens (one of them is his mother, but I assumed he'd either figure that out...or not.)

I am about to send him to freezer camp, but I'm trying a couple of things. I made a nesting box out of one of those cardboard hot coffee carriers - stupid hens are hiding *next to* it, but it does offer some cover.

My next thought - since we all have masks lying everywhere - why not try a cloth face mask as an apron? They're still way too big, but I tried one on to one of my now very angry hens, and i can see how it could be modified (I tried looping the ends around her wings and then over her head - she did this incredible balletic move and had it off in an instant, though!) It's going to have to be like half the size of a kid-size mask...
When I have popular girls, I take them out for a few days, forcing the males to accept the others.

So, the box has seemed to help him move on to others, but not enough to make everybody better...still thinking about freezer camp...

Back
Top Bottom