Safe-guard to worm

New chiken momma

In the Brooder
Jul 22, 2020
I'm not sure if this is where I need to ask this question or not. If not allowed here please tell me where to post. But anyways here goes I need to find out if I can use safe-guard to worm my chicks? If so how much do I need to used in a gallon of water and for how long. Or how do I use this wormer for my babies. I have looked at every tractor supply rural king and coop around and can't find any wormer just for chickens. Please help my babies will really appreciate the advice. Thank you for taking time to read this and for any advice.

DobieLover

Easily distracted by chickens
Premium Feather Member
Jul 23, 2018
NY Southern Tier
My Coop
I'm not sure if this is where I need to ask this question or not. If not allowed here please tell me where to post. But anyways here goes I need to find out if I can use safe-guard to worm my chicks? If so how much do I need to used in a gallon of water and for how long. Or how do I use this wormer for my babies. I have looked at every tractor supply rural king and coop around and can't find any wormer just for chickens. Please help my babies will really appreciate the advice. Thank you for taking time to read this and for any advice.
How old are your birds?
How many birds do you have?
Have you seen worms in the droppings or did a fecal float come back positive?

New chiken momma

In the Brooder
Jul 22, 2020
I have 21 altogether. I have 2 different ages. 6 month old (12) the others are 2 month and 2 weeks old. I haven't saw any worms and haven't found anywhere to do a float yet. I will not give anything to my babies without lots of research before hand. I can't find a preventable wormer for chickens. I am trying to do everything I can for them for to have a happy healthy life for as long as possible.

Top Bottom