Safeguard aquasol for my ducks & chickens BUT …

Let us know if it shows anything. There are other testing kits, but after reading a lot of negative feed back, I don’t recommend them any more. This sort of thing is really needed.

It's already been mentioned but I was going to say that the two dewormers you mention will not treat giardia.

https://vcahospitals.com/know-your-pet/giardia-in-dogs

Make sure you keep all water the dog has access to cleaned regularly.
OK I got the results back I sent in two samples one was geese. The other was ducks. The crazy thing is they both came back clear I even spent the extra 30 bucks each test on top of the 30 bucks each test to purchase for the Giardia testing … and result, no Giardia . Weird. I’m starting to think my vet was wrong when they said my dog had Giardia either that or these pet home tests are junk? 120$ later?

OK I got the results back I sent in two samples one was geese. The other was ducks. The crazy thing is they both came back clear I even spent the extra 30 bucks each test on top of the 30 bucks each test to purchase for the Giardia testing … and result, no Giardia . Weird. I’m starting to think my vet was wrong when they said my dog had Giardia either that or these pet home tests are junk? 120$ later?
What home pet test did you buy?

Besides that I already started giving my ducks safeguard ( after I mailed the samples out ) and the ones that had weird watery white poops have cleared up to a normal duck poop again so I think the safeguard is doing some thing good .

I don't see where they test for Giardia.
They do, the 30$ kit is just some plastic bags and a form you fill out and on the form you can check off a box to test also for Giardia if you send a check for $30 extra

Attachments

• 4797C5E6-8198-4B13-A722-B8355B1F1FF6.jpeg
    4797C5E6-8198-4B13-A722-B8355B1F1FF6.jpeg
    222 KB · Views: 9
The beginning of the email they sent me said congratulations all is clear! But I am wondering why there is no X in the gape worm column for Charlie’s sample Charlie is the geese poop sample , but the one named flower, which is my ducks poop sample does have an X in the negative column for gape. So does that mean only ducks can get them and not geese? Well, and, of course chickens can.

The beginning of the email they sent me said congratulations all is clear! But I am wondering why there is no X in the gape worm column for Charlie’s sample Charlie is the geese poop sample , but the one named flower, which is my ducks poop sample does have an X in the negative column for gape. So does that mean only ducks can get them and not geese? Well, and, of course chickens can.
I was just noticing that missing X too and why does it have the X under the words PositiveNegative....it's not clear.

Don't use them again.

Oh Ok...I get it now.
the X is under the N in the word negative.
that makes more sense.
I thought it was in the middle of both words.

Back
Top Bottom