Safeguard Mash - Zero Day Egg Withdrawal

Pics
1mg/kg, or 1mg/2.23lb. For a 5lb bird, I keep coming up with .002ml, not .02.
Ah okay... If you want to treat a 5-pound bird with the 1 mg/kg dose using Safeguard for goats the formula is this:
5 / 2.2 x 1 / 100 = 0.0227 ml per five pounds. You can double check the formula by looking at the mfg label for goats, it says 5 mg/kg.

"Goats - 2.3 mg/lb (5 mg/kg) body weight for the removal and control of: Stomach worms (adults): Haemonchus contortus and Teladorsagia circumcincta."
safeguard_goat_1.png

For 25 pounds:
25 / 2.2 x 5 / 100 = 0.568 ml (they round up to 0.06 ml)

The formula is always the same, it's weight of the animal, divide by 2.2 (converts to kg), time desired dose in mg per kg, divide by the number of mg per ml.

Here is a link that explains more:
http://www.dosagehelp.com/dosage_by_weight.html

Last edited:
Gosh, I really don't know. What dose did you give?
Probably more than needed because I misunderstood at first. So the first round, I put a whole dose (enough for each bird) mixed with water in their food. Then, the consecutive days, I used the suggested mathematical equation to figure it out. I probably didn't need to give a low dose the other 4 days, but thought I should just in case one didn't get enough food. I did not eat the eggs though. Too paranoid. :D
So, the first day a whole dose and the 4 consecutive days the lower dose. I would have to recalculate to be super accurate, but I'm thinking it was .25cc for my flock of 7. :oops:

Back
Top Bottom