What is the safest way to plug in your brooder light outside to make sure it doesn't short out, overheat, blow up or something like that. Originally we were going to put the 'teenage' brooder in our covered carport but that outlet doesn't trip and I worry about that. But it makes much more sense to put them on our front porch. It's covered, very deep, no chance of them getting wet at all and the outlet works correctly. Should I use a heavy duty extension cord? One of those big plastic things you plug stuff into and then plug that in (the name escapes me at the moment) or just directly in? Does moisture (like, if its raining) present a problem for the bulb?