Salads!

Quote:
I should say that too when you make the bowtie ranch and bacon salad.....don't add the ranch till you are ready to eat it. The lettuce gets soggy real fast but it is good.

At redhen.....I will tell you the recipe later today on my way out of town to SIL to redo her wall with my husband. Its real easy though.

I use one bag of salad you can choose but I like a mix of leaf lettuce and half a box of mini bow tie pasta. You can use the big size bow tie but you might want to use the whole box. I don't normally like the bagged salad but for this I use it because I like the mix of salad in this dish.

Then I cut up onion, celery, and green onion.....I don't measure it just some of each.

Then I add bacon bits like 1/3 of a cup? I don't measure again.

Then make some ranch I use the brand "hidden valley the original ranch" I buy a big container of it. 3 tblsp of ranch seasoning powder, 1 cup milk, and 1 cup mayo....it makes 16 oz. I only use about 3/4 of it maybe some people only want 1/2 of it if they don't like a lot of ranch.

When I tried this the first time I thought it was a weird combo mixing pasta with salad but we all really like it. It is a good dish to make for a bbq or party.

Yum! Thanks! Another good salad idea for the summer..
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom