Sale in Bridgeport NY (Syracuse) this Saturday...anyone going?

flagday76

In the Brooder
11 Years
Mar 7, 2008
Carthage NY
I will be going to the animal sale in Bridgeport this Saturday. This is just outside of Syracuse in Central New York. Is anyone else going? We should meet up! Maybe we can all wear the same color or some else to distinguish us as BYC'ers! Here is a link to information on the sale....

http://www.auctionzip.com/Listings/592753.html

I am looking for silkies and jersey wooly rabbits....and who knows what else.
bun.gif
D.gif

Also, I am bringing some layers...buff orpingtons and cuckoo marans.
Hope to see you there!

I'm going
smile.png

Not really planning on buying
roll.png
I'm picking up a few chicks friday evening & driving to Moravia to get some eggs after the sale. "What was I thinking" is probably going too. Are you bringing any silkies?

Did you see the silkies on syracuse.craigslist? I called on them, but am not set up for adults yet.

Renee

yes, what was i thinking is going.... i am bringing a couple drake call ducks, some pure slw cockerals and lion head rabbits... Uno and TU might be headed there also... very sad. i will be wearing my BYC hoodie sweatshirt.

i might be interested in a cuckoo maran hen??? i was thinking about taking one of my cockerals.
i don't know how prices will be if it is busy? i know i went to the last one of the yr and it was pretty busy.

Darn it! I've been doing so good this month. I thought I could go a whole month without adding an animal. I'm gonna try NOT to go, but it'll be hard.

TGRLILY and I had a great time at the auction today. didn't see anyone else there. i had my byc t-shirt and hoodie on so you couldn't have missed me. it was a long day.
i got some SF bantams and tgrlily got some silkie chicks, just what she was looking for.
really hard for us not to bid on the pigmy bottle babies!!!! what cuties.
llamas went for $90 for females???? holy cow. speaking of cows they sould some calfs for 25-45 dollars....
i had a great time but was very tired when it was time to go.

Last edited:
Yep... it was a LONG day! Then I got to drive an hour each way for Ameraucana eggs, because I've apparently lost my mind! hehehe

Next auction is in 2 weeks, maybe a bunch of us could meet up
smile.png
Guess I should order a BYC hoodie too!

I behaved pretty well... at least I didn't buy any baby goats
wink.png
And I thought it was fun!

I think I showed pretty good restraint on the chicks too. I'm only up to 13.

I'm up to 30 and my broody is on 18. As much as I would love to have added some specific breeds, I do like being married (most of the time). And I did dream about a baby lamb last night...really freaked me out about any auction. I mean..if I expect to make it to work on Monday, I'd better not have any cute babies here to sidetrack me.

Back
Top Bottom