Sally's GF3 thread

Pics
I run a stack starting with a standard particle filter, followed by carbon filter, with the electrostatic in the third position. Set your thermostat fan control on 'recirculation' and close the damper on the furnace intake so it's not pulling outside air.
We can't get around pulling in outside air, as we have a wood stove. Even closed up, there are leaks. If we run a fan blowing out upstairs to pull cool in downstairs, there is often a hint of "wood stove" smell in the living room.

In the house I lived in as a little girl, my parents almost killed themselves and guests with CO poisoning. The house was new (1956...?) and well built. They had a fire in the fireplace, and it sucked air back through the furnace. Everyone went to bed, feeling slightly ill, but they were all fine the next morning. They assumed they'd had a few too many drinks while they played bridge.

The next night, same thing. But someone mentioned an "odd smell," and my dad said he smelled it right then. (CO is odorless, so it was something from the furnace.) He went down into the basement and figured out the problem. From then on, whenever we had a fire in the fireplace, they'd open a window in the basement an inch.

My mom told the people who bought our house when we moved. Years later, she said she hoped that information got passed along.

This was years before smoke and CO detectors were commonplace.

IMG_E4104.JPG

Two on my shoulder, one on my lap.

We can't get around pulling in outside air, as we have a wood stove. Even closed up, there are leaks. If we run a fan blowing out upstairs to pull cool in downstairs, there is often a hint of "wood stove" smell in the living room.
Do you have a forced air furnace?
If you set it to recirc you could filter the air in the house.

Carly Simon turned 80 on June 25. She had so many great hits! Including the ketchup commercial song. :lau (If you don't know what I'm talking about, they used "Anticipation" for a Heinz ketchup ad.)

"Coming Around Again" is one of my favorites.

My dad would have been 97 on June 25th. That kind of blows my mind...

No, what really blows my mind is that I've lived 3 years longer than my dad did. And over a year longer than my mom.
Found your thread this afternoon, have enjoyed reading about your gardens and flocks, and all.

My dad would have been 95 on June 26th. This is the first year I've not been able to sing Happy Birthday to him, or send him a Father's Day card.

My dad would have been 95 on June 26th. This is the first year I've not been able to sing Happy Birthday to him, or send him a Father's Day card.
:hugs

I'm glad you had him as part of your life for so long.
Found your thread this afternoon, have enjoyed reading about your gardens and flocks, and all.
Thank you.

I have another GF, making the name of my thread incorrect.

GF #4: Good Fun.

I'm reading the book Shakespeare, by Bill Bryson. It's a biography about someone who is so very well known, but about whom we know so very little. Gee. Sounds boring, huh? Nope! It is fascinating! Or am I weird?

Which just goes to show that my uncle was right: It's the singer, not the song. Bill Bryson has made this book interesting. I'll be looking for any of his other books, on any subject.

Which just goes to show that my uncle was right: It's the singer, not the song. Bill Bryson has made this book interesting. I'll be looking for any of his other books, on any subject.
He wrote "A Walk in the Woods" which was very good...
....don't watch the movie tho, it was terrible.

He wrote "A Walk in the Woods" which was very good...
....don't watch the movie tho, it was terrible.
Yes, thank you! I'd forgotten that one. We listened to it looong ago on a trip to Pittsburgh. It was so long ago, it was on cassette tape. :lau

We, but especially hubby, were hikers, and we got a lot of laughs out of it. Hubby might still go backpacking some day... not I. I don't want to put 30-40 pounds on my back and sleep on the ground anymore.

Back
Top Bottom