Salmon Faverolle pair?

Oh wow adorable! So it looks like some of yours turned out with lighter beards and others with darker beards? At what age could you tell?
well, as some others have found, do NOT listen to those who say "black chest feathers are male"!!
I had a few that would have been deemed males at 4 weeks, or so.
Their beards didn't come in until much later....but if you have females that have a lot of black feathers coming in at an early age, then they will likely have black in their beards/muffs

well, as some others have found, do NOT listen to those who say "black chest feathers are male"!!
I had a few that would have been deemed males at 4 weeks, or so.
Their beards didn't come in until much later....but if you have females that have a lot of black feathers coming in at an early age, then they will likely have black in their beards/muffs
You are correct. These days many females have black beards. From what I have heard it’s black on breasts & legs that are telling for a male. I ask what age you could see their beard coloring because I am hoping for some females that have the pure white beards. 😃 I will be getting 10 & I don’t mind if some have black beards but what really drew me to the Salmon Faverolle is their customary white & salmon coloring (as well as their funny personalities).

You are correct. These days many females have black beards. From what I have heard it’s black on breasts & legs that are telling for a male. I ask what age you could see their beard coloring because I am hoping for some females that have the pure white beards. 😃 I will be getting 10 & I don’t mind if some have black beards but what really drew me to the Salmon Faverolle is their customary white & salmon coloring (as well as their funny personalities).
legs for sure but I had several with black chest and one that was coming in all black for about two weeks....
The thing is that the black leg feathers take a long time to grow in. lol

Back
Top Bottom