Salmon Faverolle pair?

HollowOfWisps

Previously AstroDuck
Aug 28, 2020
Iowa
My Salmon Faverolles are 2 weeks and I'm assuming I have 1 pullet and 1 cockerel based on how their feathering in quite differently?
#1 More brown some grey, but not really any black. Has longer wing feathers and tail feathers coming in mid-light brown.
IMG_20211019_182800.jpg

#2 Black feathers coming in on wings and looks like possibly starting black on chest. Shorter wing feathers and tail feathers just starting to come in.
IMG_20211019_182810.jpg

Together
IMG_20211019_183411.jpg

My Salmon Faverolles are 2 weeks and I'm assuming I have 1 pullet and 1 cockerel based on how their feathering in quite differently?
#1 More brown some grey, but not really any black. Has longer wing feathers and tail feathers coming in mid-light brown.
View attachment 2871667

#2 Black feathers coming in on wings and looks like possibly starting black on chest. Shorter wing feathers and tail feathers just starting to come in.
View attachment 2871669

Together
View attachment 2871675
Your assumptions look to be correct.

I wouldn't jump to conclusions yet because there's a lot of variation in hatchery Faverolles
This is very true! Speaking of which does anyone know of hatchery vs non does anyone know any Salmon Faverolle breeders who don't breed from hatchery stock? I would love to get on a list for next spring for either hatching eggs or if they're close enough chicks.

This is very true! Speaking of which does anyone know of hatchery vs non does anyone know any Salmon Faverolle breeders who don't breed from hatchery stock? I would love to get on a list for next spring for either hatching eggs or if they're close enough chicks.
A quick search led me to North Woods Homestead. I don't know much about them but their birds seem nice and they're making effort towards the APA standard!

it looks like a few black feathers are coming in on the back and neck of the 2nd? It looks like a male BUT it also looks like one of mine did. "She" had mostly black chest feathers at first...

Attachments

• 20211020_171335.jpg
    20211020_171335.jpg
    224.9 KB · Views: 17

Back
Top Bottom