Salmon Favorelle - 2.5 weeks

Merro

Songster
8 Years
Oct 21, 2012
Well, this one is going to make me very sad if it's a male. Just saw some black chest feathers coming in. This is a hatchery quality SF.
I don't have any others to compare it to, but with my three other breed chicks, this one feathered in the fastest and has a pretty decent size tail.

I think what's throwing me is how fast this one has feathered. Every roo I've gotten before was SO SLOW for everything. This one has been ahead of everyone every step of the way, and it's probably the youngest as well.

Oh and that bit of orange on the chest in the last photo is a mealworm tail apparently.

Last edited:
I think what's throwing me is how fast this one has feathered. Every roo I've gotten before was SO SLOW for everything. This one has been ahead of everyone every step of the way, and it's probably the youngest as well.

Oh and that bit of orange on the chest in the last photo is a mealworm tail apparently.
Yeah, all my cockerels feather in really SLOWLY. I think there is a good chance it's a very badly marked pullet. If male I would expect far more black on the chest, and there is the fast feathering. I wouldn't get rid of this chick yet.

*crosses fingers* :) I'm really hoping. I don't get rid of anything thankfully until after the point that it should lay. (And even then a month or so later) Since one of my previous EE's threw me through some hoops trying to guess her gender. Haha. I just have no luck with these little mutts or pretend mutts.

I don't care if they're ugly, I just want happy and female. :S

Back
Top Bottom