Salmon favorelle has raw legs - possibly mites and stress? Second opinion needed

khalida

Songster
Mar 14, 2022
Cape Girardeau, MO
Hello 👋
My favorite hen a salmon favorelle named Brandi is having some problems with her feet. (It's always your favorite that's sick 😅)
I went on a short camping trip, with double the food and water, so they were fine with that when I came back, but when I saw my girl she had bloody feet! When I picked her her up she was lighter than normal. I checked around the coop to make sure there was no potential predator entry points.
It looks like some of the feathers that were coming in during the malt had broken off, however, the rest of her scales on her legs did not look good.
She also has a slightly purple comb and is not reacting as well.
I'll be honest with being back in college this last 8 weeks. I haven't been doing as many physical checks as I should have.
Could this potentially be mites along with stress induced pecking at the leg sight?
What should I use, and should I wait until it's done healing and no longer bleeding before I apply medication?

I have brought her inside. Put her in a enclosure with food, water and warmth. I've also noticed that her comb is a little bit purple. She is eating and drinking and being her sassy self, however it was also quite cold this morning when I got to my babies. Everyone else seems fine and doesn't seem affected by anything.

Attachments

• PXL_20231030_134525121.jpg
    PXL_20231030_134525121.jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 26
  • PXL_20231030_135636507.jpg
    PXL_20231030_135636507.jpg
    266.2 KB · Views: 10

Back
Top Bottom