saltbox coop design

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by plawry, Apr 19, 2011.

1. plawry

plawry New Egg

Apr 19, 2011
    Hello,

I have seen many 4'x6' saltbox style chicken coops for sale over the internet. See ww w.mypetchicken.com under craftsman coop for an example of what i am talking about. I would like to find plans to build a 4'x6' salt box style chicken coop so i can build it myself. Does anyone have plans or know where i can get them?

Peter Lawry

2. VelvettFog

VelvettFog Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2011
    Yakima, WA
  3. ryan820

ryan820 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2010
    Colorado
    I don't, Peter, but if you're the analytical type, might I suggest Google Sketch-Up? It's a free program and you can design, in 3D, all aspects of a coop. I've done this myself and you can even apply technicals like dimensions etc.

I don't know if this will work but here is a pic of an example coop I made in Sketch-up...

[​IMG]

It isn't the one you're looking for but it's an example of what the program can do.

It isn't very good-- details-wise, but I ended up scrapping this plan because of a different design.

4. EarthdaysChild

EarthdaysChild Out Of The Brooder

Jul 4, 2012
    Southwest Virginia
    I'm gonna try this program. I purchased a salt box style coop and now want to build a larger run around it. This will be a helpful tool to figure out how to do that and make it compliment the coop! Wish me luck!
    Thanks for posting.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by