samatra?

dianahuffman

Songster
8 Years
Nov 11, 2012
is the black cockeral a sumatra i got him at a couple weeks old and was told i was buying a samatra but now im told it might be just a yard chicken now im comfused could it be a samatra or is it just a yard chicken

ramirezframing

Crowing
8 Years
Mar 2, 2011
Knee Deep
sumatras have pea combs that has a single comb
heres a pic of one of my sumatras

this is a dunn pullet but it shows the comb well

this is the black roo, see the black skin also

he might be a australorp or jersey giant what color of feet and a good side picture would help

dianahuffman

Songster
8 Years
Nov 11, 2012
give me a second and i will take some more pictures he is still young (guessing it is a roo because the guy i bought him thinks he was when i got him) not even crowing yet

dianahuffman

Songster
8 Years
Nov 11, 2012
how long does it take for the long feathers to grow in he is probully 3 months old i think maybe 4

ramirezframing

Crowing
8 Years
Mar 2, 2011
Knee Deep
the black roo picture I posted is a yr old in that picture and was about to molt. He lost his tail within the following week.

Do you know what color of feet bottoms it has

hdowden

Crowing
8 Years
Aug 14, 2011
louisiana
on better pics mm what color are the bottoms of the feet? it is pure sumatra or a mix since I can now see it is pea comb
it has a single comb, you can tell in the last pic that it is a single comb...looks very gamy like oegb gamy. also looks like a pullet and not a cockerel

Last edited:

dianahuffman

Songster
8 Years
Nov 11, 2012
his feet are the same color as legs a paleish blackish or dark grey and you think it might be a hen? i took a couple more pictures he/she is chilling on my bad right now watching chicking run with me lol

MANNA-PRO

Top Bottom