San Diego Chicken meetup and Chat thread

I wish I was ready for them, but I won't have my new brooder and coop addition finished until March. What an awesome opportunity though! They will be beautiful birds and beautiful eggs! If for some reason you still have some in March, I'd be super interested. Good luck though! If you find a buyer that doesn't want all of them, I'd be interested in buying a few from that person
1f44d.png

I would be interested in a couple if they are still available.

Hi folks, I just had my first hatch of the year - :jumpy
A mixed group of cream Legbars, plus some 3/4 cream Legbar 1/4 wheaten Ameraucana chicks.
They will be blue egg layers.
I do not have a brooder set up, so would rather just sell this lot ASAP. There are 11 chicks, and the 12th is just hatching.
Asking for $80 for all of them together including #12 if it looks good. .
Although I *think* I can see the pure bred Legbars I can make no guarantees on these chicks as the pure eggs were not separated and the buyer should assume they are just blue egg layers.
My wheaten Ameraucana x Legbar Pullets got rehomed so there will be no more of them :)

Please let me know ASAP if interested as will also list on craigslist.
Thanks!

I would be interested in a couple of them if they are still available.

Well, I just read like 140 posts. I have obviously gone months without checking in here, and basically forgot that BYC existed. I hope everyone is happy and well!

Well, I just read like 140 posts. I have obviously gone months without checking in here, and basically forgot that BYC existed. I hope everyone is happy and well!
Hi, I messaged you on FB about Black Ameraucanas. Do you have an all black pen or are they all BBS? I'd be interested in getting eggs/chicks at some point, although San Diego is a little far to drive for me (4+ hours), but if you ever come up to the Inland Empire/high desert area and want to meet, let me know.

~Elaine

Hi Elaine - I just saw your message on FB - sorry for the delay! I do not have a black only pen... I have a blue and splash roo over black, blue and splash hens. I tend to hatch a lot of blues, and only a few blacks.

Hi Deb! Everything's good here. Lots of chickens, and now Cayugas and Khaki Campbells, too.
smile.png

Hello All!
My son got stuck with 12 cockerels. He ordered some bantam chicks and 12 big breed cockerels were included to keep the other chicks warm. The good thing is that it worked and everyone arrived alive and well. These cockerels are growing like weeds and we don't need them.....I'm hoping someone can offer a few dollars each to help pay for his feed and take them off his hands.
Can anyone tell us what kind they are? Rhode Islands? They are supposed to be purebred whatever they are. Most likely extra males from an egg laying breed....They were hatched 2/3, so are 15 days old in these pictures.

Can anyone tell us what kind they are? Rhode Islands? They are supposed to be purebred whatever they are. Most likely extra males from an egg laying breed....They were hatched 2/3, so are 15 days old in these pictures.

I've had Blue Laced Red Wyandottes that look a lot like this as chicks. But I've seen quite a few other breeds that looked like this as chicks also, so ??

Back
Top Bottom