San Diego Chicken meetup and Chat thread

Pics
Sweet Violet- Yeah I want Plumeria's too! What can I trade ya for 'em?!?

Not a thing! Just tell me what color you want. I just spent the entire day from 8:00 - 4:00 working the plumeria sale in Balboa Park.
I'm Pooped! Too tired to even go stand and stare at the pips in the incubator! hahaha
lol.png

Aw sorry Violet, it was really hot today.

I would love some plumerias around here, I don't care the color and can take as many as you want.

Can I trade something for some?

There are six birds. of the 4 I don't want to keep there are 1 buff orph., 1 ply. barred rock, 1 Ameraucana (I think), and 1 dark red (not sure of breed). They are all hens, and big and healthy looking. I'll be home tomorrow, so come see them if you are interested. Call for the address, 619-905-9073 after 0800 tomorrow.
cool.png

SWEET VIOLET- What colors do you have? Say one of each? I'd be happy to trade you something for them also.
smile.png

Oh and I have fertile hatching eggs SLW if anyone wants some.
big_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Tigerrrlily - I have a banana plant - It's an ice cream banana, they are little bananas but sweet. Google them and let me know if you want one . I'll cut off a pup.

Quote:
I just heard about those the other day, I would love one! I don't know how successful I will be at growing it but I would like to try. I don't have a very good green thumb!
Do you want anything? Maybe duck hatching eggs or something?

Hi again folks. Are you sure I can't tempt you with free chickens? I have posted them on craighslist just now, but I'd feel better if they went to people who love their birds. (Hopefully their new owners will). Let me know 619-905-9073
61320_chicken_give_away_010.jpg
61320_chicken_give_away_056.jpg
61320_chicken_give_away_036.jpg
cool.png

They look very nice and healthy. I wish I could but I just don't have the room for them. I will ask around though. It shouldn't be too hard to find homes for laying hens. I have had pretty good luck with craigslist, just be picky, and ask questions. Like-- what they will feed them and what housing they will have, does there neighborhood allow chickens, are the neighbors ok with it? -- and always go with your gut feelings about the person. A good owner will understand why you are asking.

Back
Top Bottom