San Diego Chicken meetup and Chat thread

Another question if we decided to restart an official San Diego group thread...

Right now we are in Social>Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups. Should we stay there?

Or should we go to Social>Where am I? Where Are You?

I don't see other places that fit us better. Your thoughts? Is anybody wildly opposed to this?

I don't know if I want to go to Lake Murray much anymore. Yesterday, someone dropped off 15 Pekins, Cayugas, and Swedish ducks (including a few cute crested ones) and I think a predator got one already. They are so terrified. I walked up to them and they scrambled into the water the best they could and for the entire 2.5 hours I was there, did not come within 30 feet of the shoreline. There are several females in that group, too.

That makes over 35 ducks dumped off there this year, so far. Usually, there is only about five or six dumped each year. It makes me so mad!

Another question if we decided to restart an official San Diego group thread...

Right now we are in Social>Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups. Should we stay there?

Or should we go to Social>Where am I? Where Are You?

I don't see other places that fit us better. Your thoughts? Is anybody wildly opposed to this?

Why are we restarting the thread?

Quote:
Deb, They will go USPS. They (USPS) has a requirement for a special filtered box (made by Horizon) that you must use to ship. They are not cheap~! Fortunately, I have a "one butt" PO & they "like" me~! So if I ship on a Monday, they let me wait to bring in the birds until 4pm when the truck comes to take the mail to the main PO in San Berdo. From there, they go to LAX at 9 pm for the USPS Fedex flight. The birds arrive at their destination (most anywhere) before 9am on Wed. I pack grapes, melon, sliced cucumber, etc. in the box for the kids to snack on. This birds are not large so I can fit 3 to a box comfortably. USPS also allows you to tape 2 boxes together so they ship as one weight. Saves MUCHO BUCKS~! However, it isn't cheap to ship but when you consider that you are actually "seeing" the bird you purchase versus taking a chance on hatching eggs, it becomes more reasonable. I can't ship now as it is too hot. The PO requires that the temp on both home & destination are below 80 degrees. I have shipped over 400 birds in the past 3 years & have "never" had a problem. :) PS If you print your shipping labels online, it saves over $10 per shipment. It just is less work for the PO. Some PO's charge a surcharge if they have to do a label on "live shipments".

Because this thread title cannot be edited any longer. We were thinking it might be time for something fresh that doesn't have "Meet Up" in the title as we seem to start a fresh thread for each new meet up now. Change is good.

Back
Top Bottom