San Diego Chicken meetup and Chat thread

I plan on coming to the meet up. One of our sons may show a Serama. We'll see...he's a bit nervous about it since he's never done it before.

I'd like to bring some birds to sell, but don't want to bring big ones unless I know somebody may want them....

I have extra peacocks (males), 2 years old and one who is 4 years old. Also one or two pairs of Pearl Guinea fowl.
Young Silkie roos...
Sultan rooster.
Baby Golden pheasants.
Pretty pigeons :)

Please let me know if anybody wants me to bring any of these birds. I may bring a few anyways but not sure which ones.

The kids will have fertile eggs for sale from their d'Uccles, Sebrights and Polish cresteds.

I will bring whatever eggs are layed between Wednesday and Saturday. Could be Peafowl, Silkie, pheasants, Valley quail and Gambels quail.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone better
wee.gif

Cindy

Hi Cindy, how much are your peafowl eggs?
I think I have got some from you in the past
smile.png

I usually get $10. each for them. Trying really hard not to incubate them all this year! I had a lot of babies last year and don't need any more now:)
They are different colors. So far the hens laying the most right now are the pure white and the black shouldered. Chicks could be a number of different colors.
big_smile.png

Hello, I'll be attending the meet-up and thought I'd bring my Marrans roo along hoping someone might fall in love with him. My neighbors have been great, but you know its time when you can hear them saying (but not yelling, bless them) "oh Please be quiet"
roll.png
. So what is the best way to do this?
Thank you

Hello, I'll be attending the meet-up and thought I'd bring my Marrans roo along hoping someone might fall in love with him. My neighbors have been great, but you know its time when you can hear them saying (but not yelling, bless them) "oh Please be quiet" :rolleyes: . So what is the best way to do this? Thank you
Just bring him along in a cage. It's a good idea to bring a box for him in case someone who swore they wouldn't bring another bird home decides that can fit one more into their flock. Too many people think that not bringing a box equals not bringing a chicken home, only to have said chicken ride home in their lap. LOL

Next Meetup Reminder. June 7th, 2014!!! 10 am

Our next meet up is in conjunction with the Wild West Serama Club Show.

Bring birds to buy, sell, trade. Bring a chair and pop up if you have one. BYC will be setting up outside. There will be a concession stand, or you can bring your own lunch

Chicken (any size) costume contest during lunch on Sat.

Bring any donations to the raffle table on the morning of the event.

You may bring other items to sell as well. Remember to bring a table for your set up.

I'll be bringing a bunch of nice BBS Ameraucana pullets from Paul Smith's program; hatch date was 2/22/14. I won't bring any of the boys unless somebody needs one; I have both BBS and two Wheatens. (I also have one Isbar roo, and two blue Olive Eggers.)

Back
Top Bottom