Sand Box size

thanks redsoxs its really nice you can even just rake it all out plus it helps with their feet and nails my girls have the softest feet lol kinda helps the smell to I was doing hay and oh my gosh did that stink plus the chickens would get poop all over themselves when they rolled around
sickbyc.gif
I use play sand and I throw in some grit here and there just to make sure they are digesting properly but I dont use as much as I use to thats for sure

Hi all,
Thanks for the good info on sand boxes. At first they were just eating it and now for the most part it looks like they're ignoring it. I really haven't seen anyone taking a dust bath, but I can't watch them all day long either.

So now it seems like one of my BO's (buffs) is having a sort of respiratory problem. The feed store suggested tetracycline antibiotic in the water source, which I've done and it's now been about a week since they've all been drinking this water, but the buff is still kinda sneezing sounds like a little dog bark and shakes her head. I've also noticed she is breathing through her mouth and I may even have heard what sounds like small wheezing and diminished lung sounds. I'm a nurse, but this chicken thing is all new to me. Has anyone ever experienced this sort of thing with their chickens? Any suggestions would be appreciated. I'm getting a bit concerned, and thought I'd touch base with you before I run off to the vet.

Thank you.

Roxiechic

Back
Top Bottom